Ahead of Saturday’s Tranmere Rovers football match at Wrexham, officers from Merseyside Police’s football team is reminding any travelling fans to be ambassadors for their club this weekend. Continue reading
Police can confirm that a 19-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of possession of a Section 1 firearm and criminal damage. This follows an incident on Strand Road this morning where there were reports that a man had possession of what appeared to be a firearm. Continue reading
- One in five risk morning-after drink-driving, says AA December 11, 2016One in five motorists has driven the morning after a night of heavy drinking, a survey suggests.
- Newspaper review: PM's trousers and 'fat is good for you' December 11, 2016Theresa's May's leather trousers have got a former cabinet minister in trouble, according to Sunday's papers.
- 'Secure schools' pilot scheme for young offenders December 11, 2016Ministers hope new schools for young offenders will direct youngsters towards jobs and education.
- Orgreave files 'to be made public' in first half of 2017 December 11, 2016Files relating to the so-called Battle of Orgreave during the miners' strike of 1984 are expected to be made public next year, it is revealed.
- Cuts undermining fire services, says Fire Brigades Union December 11, 2016Budget cuts are "undermining the effectiveness" of fire services in England and Wales, the FBU says.
- Bad hair days December 11, 2016In an industry dominated by women, why is it so hard to name a top female hairdresser?
- Joshua beats Molina and sets up Klitschko date December 11, 2016Great Britain's Anthony Joshua retains his IBF world heavyweight title to set up a fight against Wladimir Klitschko in April.
- Whyte beats Chisora in thrilling heavyweight fight December 11, 2016Dillian Whyte beats fellow Briton Dereck Chisora on a split decision after a thrilling heavyweight fight in Manchester.
- Katie Taylor: Irish boxer beats Viviane Obenauf in Manchester December 10, 2016Ireland's Katie Taylor wins her second professional fight as she claims a points win over Brazil's Viviane Obenauf.
- 'At least 13 killed' in blasts outside Besiktas stadium December 10, 2016Two explosions near a football stadium in Istanbul, Turkey, kill 15 people and injure 69.
- Briton Yafai wins super-flyweight world title December 10, 2016Britain's Kal Yafai wins the WBA super-flyweight world title with a convincing points victory over Panama's Luis Concepcion.
- Real set unbeaten run record with dramatic win December 10, 2016Real Madrid create a new club record of 35 matches unbeaten by scraping a barely deserved win against Deportivo La Coruna.
- Russian air strikes 'force IS out of Palmyra' December 11, 2016Russian air strikes force IS fighters to withdraw from ancient Syrian city of Palmyra, activists say.
- Nobel Peace Prize: Santos calls for 'rethink' of war on drugs December 11, 2016Colombia's president receives the Nobel Peace Prize and calls for a "rethink" on the war on drugs.
- Somalia conflict: Deadly blast rocks Mogadishu port area December 11, 2016A powerful blast kills at least 16 people near the port of the Somali capital Mogadishu.
- Istanbul Besiktas Turkey: Stadium blasts kill 29 people December 11, 2016Twin blasts targeting police near a stadium in the heart of Istanbul kill 29 people and injure 166.
- Kenya Naivasha: 30 dead as fireball engulfs traffic on road December 11, 2016At least 33 people are dead after a fuel tanker explodes on a road in Naivasha, Kenya.
- New York SantaCon: Revellers trawl the bars December 11, 2016Revellers in New York City don festive garb to take part in a pub crawl known as SantaCon.