Police can confirm a multi-agency investigation is being carried out to establish the cause of the explosion in New Ferry on Saturday 25th March, which resulted in more than 30 people being injured. Continue reading
A 23-year-old man from Prescot has been arrested on suspicion of being carried on a stolen vehicle which was allegedly involved in the tragic collision which resulted in the death of a four year old girl Continue reading
An extensive land search by specialist officers from Merseyside Police is currently underway on the Wirral as part of an investigation in to the disappearance of a 23-year-old man more than 20 years ago. Continue reading
Everton full back Seamus Coleman is due to have an operation this Saturday morning as he starts what will be a long process to recover from broken tibia and fibula bones in his lower right leg Continue reading
- Murdered Sandie Bowen's body was 'tied to sink in lake' March 27, 2017Murdered Sandie Bowen's decomposed body was found tied to a sink in a reservoir, an inquest hears.
- South West Trains: Hong Kong firm MTR to help run rail franchise March 27, 2017MTR will run one of the UK's biggest franchises, along with majority stakeholder First Group.
- Former Adams family gang boss loses cash case appeal March 27, 2017The former member of the Adams Family gang says he doesn't have the funds to repay £651,611.
- Glasgow medical students to resit exam after 'collusion' March 27, 2017Final-year medical students at Glasgow University will have to resit an exam after evidence of "collusion" was uncovered.
- Electrician's tools sold for £1 in charity shop returned March 27, 2017An electrician who had his £200 tools sold for £1 in a Cardiff cat charity shop has them returned.
- Lochaber schoolboy wins gondola haggis art contest March 27, 2017A schoolboy is the winner of a contest to design haggis-themed artwork for a cabin on the UK's only mountain gondola.
- Sport on the BBC: The best of this week's action March 27, 2017This week's sport on the BBC includes Champion County cricket action, the Merseyside derby and the Boat Races.
- Tony Smith: Brian Noble backs coach as Warrington go through 'perfect storm' March 27, 2017Ex-GB coach Brian Noble says there should be no pressure on Tony Smith as his Warrington grapple a "perfect storm" of injuries and poor form.
- India close in on series win after Australia collapse March 27, 2017India need 87 runs to win the series-deciding fourth Test against Australia after dominating the third day in Dharamsala.
- Jim Mallinder: Northampton Saints boss 'realistic' about play-off chances March 27, 2017Northampton director of rugby Jim Mallinder says they are targeting a top-six finish after losing to Leicester Tigers.
- Michael O'Neill on massive games facing Northern Ireland March 27, 2017Michael O'Neill says Northern Ireland's home World Cup qualifiers against Germany and the Czech Republic will be hugely important.
- Ghana coach ends seven-week hotel sit-in over bonuses March 27, 2017A former member of Ghana's coaching team, Gerard Nus, ends his sit-in protest as he is paid all his bonuses by the football association.
- Russia protests: Kremlin condemns 'provocation' March 27, 2017The opposition encouraged lawbreaking, the Kremlin says, but its defiant leader is fined just $350.
- Syria fighters take control of IS-held airbase near Raqqa March 27, 2017US-backed Syrian forces mark a significant step as they advance on the IS stronghold of Raqqa.
- 'Condemned' South Korean dogs find sanctuary in the US March 27, 2017Campaigners say the rescued dogs would otherwise have ended up being consumed by humans.
- Team Indus: India's race to the moon March 27, 2017India's Team Indus is one of five groups in a race to put a privately funded spacecraft on the Moon.
- Rapper Wiz Khalifa's homage to drug lord Escobar sparks row March 27, 2017The mayor of Medellin says the rapper should not have laid flowers at the grave of Pablo Escobar.
- Tanzania rapper Nay wa Mitego arrested for criticising president March 27, 2017The musician was held after a new song criticising the president was circulated on social media.